Dental bridges are customised fixed false teeth which bridge a gap created by one of more missing teeth.
Whether you’re looking for the traditional fixed bridge, cantilever bridge of resin-bonded bridges, at Carisbrook Dental in Manchester, we can help!
A dental bridge can:
- Restore your smile
- Enhance your ability to chew and speak
- Maintain the shape of your face
- Enable you to bite properly by replacing missing teeth
- Prevent other teeth from drifting out of position
- Can improve speech
- Help fight against gum disease and tooth decay
Three types of dental bridge:
- Traditional fixed bridge, which is the most common, involves creating a crown for the tooth on either side of the missing tooth, with a replacement tooth in between – which is made from porcelain fused to metal or ceramics.
- Cantilever bridges, these are used when there are adjacent teeth on only one side of the missing teeth.
- Resin Bonded Bridges (also known as Maryland bonded bridges) these are made of plastic teeth/porcelain attached to a thin metal framework. Metal wings on both sides of the bridge are bonded to your existing teeth on the inside of your teeth. This type of bridge is very conservative on your teeth as little preparation of the teeth is needed. They are generally recommended for low impact areas as they are not as strong as conventional bridges.